Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BRENDA WHITE










MAMA YOU GAVE ME











Mama you gave life and a chance to live.
Not to mention the love, you willfully wanted to give.
Mama you gave me the nourishment's to help me grow,
and become who I was meant to be.
Not someone standing on a corner collecting a,
“what’s your pleasure “fee”.

Mama you gave me the necessary tools
for survival, like the lioness waiting for her cubs,
welcome to the world, arrival.

Mama you gave me the insight of your trials
and tribulations. Which taught me, that I must
put in my share of contribulations.
Mama you gave me the meaning of directions,
so that I can travel my path of independence
to make my own journey of corrections.

Mama you gave me the strength to be strong,
and the knowledge and wisdom to know,
what's right and wrong. Mama you gave me support,
guidance and so much more. Now I understand,
the lioness who taught her baby cubs, how to roar.

I thank God, my Mom allowed me to become who
I wanted to be, because her wisdom gave me inspiration
to keep writing and speaking the words.

© 2011 Brenda White

Thanks Brenda!
Email your poems to me so they
can go live on THE NIGHT WRITER blog:

nightwriterblog@yahoo.com

Write On!

9 comments:

  1. my mother brenda white that was so beautiful you could'nt say it no different i'm so happy you brought me into this world as a proud yooung lady you raise me to be strong,kind,& follow no one but myself,& to stand for myself & to be a better person in life & never let my sprit to never leave my sight love your daughter shaquon white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE'S NO WORDS THAT CAN DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL ABOUT MY MOM & WHAT SHES HAS GIVEN ME FROM A CHILD TO A WOMAN. MY MOM IS MY BRIDGE SHE GUIDES ME ACROSS MY HARDEST STRUGGLES WITH EASE. SHE GAVE ME LIFE. SHE HAS BUILT ME UP TO BECOME THE STRONG, INDEPENDENT, INTELLIGENT WOMAN THAT I AM TODAY. THERE IS NO ME WITHOUT MY MOM & I LOVE HER DEARLY....LOVE YOU MOMMY YOUR BABY GIRL SHAKIMA WHITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how beautiful is this poem?!bren i can remember long ago when u first started writing..now u hav come full circle.you just keep getting better and better..keep up the good work.love u very much,your cousin...michelle muah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite cousin Brenda, I must say to you, how wonderful this poem is, it made me think, in a time where I'm so busy thinking about pressing issues, to think about my love for my mother. So thanks for your writings; I do appreciate them all. Love you dearly, smooches!
    Cousin Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my wonderful sister Brenda. You don't know how much you have helped me in my journey in life. Your words make me stop and think before acting in order to make the best decisions for my family and self. You have imbrassed me fully as your sister and i could never repay you for that. Keep writing, GOD has blessed you with a beautiful gift. I LOVE YOU SIS...

    ReplyDelete
  6. to my mother this is beautiful u kno im & will always be your #1 fan i love everything you write.Your poems uplift & inspire alot of people including myself so plz neva give up on writing u have a gift & i cant wait till your show next month your gonna smash & im gonna be there rght in front clapping & yelling>THATS MY MOMMA...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that poem was sooo official, that poem not only applies to you and what you feel for your mother, but to anyone who has a mother....Now that's real when you can write something that the majority can relate to.....kudos to the chef!!!! Not to mention your wordplay is bananas....contribulations,lovin that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT WAS WONDERFUL I FELT LIKE IT DEFINITELY DESCRIBES MY MOM, YOU AND ALL THOSE WONDERFUL WOMEN WHO HAD HELPING HAND IN RAISING ME, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to thank all who showed me love and support. I truly appreciate all the comments that were posted on, Mr. Alvin Bracy's blog for my poem, MAMA YOU GAVE ME..Thank you, Alvin, for giving me the opportunity to show the talent that GOD has given me. God is good, all the time. GOD BLESS ALL.....Amen

    ReplyDelete